Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bite Me By: Parker Blue

What better way to start of my reviews then by half demon that slays vampires.


I really enjoyed this book. I loved the idea of a part human-part demon girl slaying vampires. Along the way she meets up with Fang. He is a cute dog (that happens to be part hell hound) with the best personality. Some of his comments, yes he can talk but only to Val, were so hilarious and had me laughing out loud. Because of Val's talent at slaying vampires she joins up with a special police unit and is partnered up with Dan. Val and Dan make a great team on the job but are also pretty compatible on their down time. Both characters had flaws and it made me like them and actually care what was going to happen. I loved Dan's sister, Val's sister and especially Rick (step dad). I really didn't like the mom and how she couldn't look past the demon so see and love her own daughter. I did like that even though the mom was completely unreasonable (in the way she acted and the things she said to Val) Val didn't let it cripple her. She knew what she was and she was trying to find her place in the world. I can't wait to read the rest of this series.        

Book Read: August 5, 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment